Monday 31 January 2011

News round-up

There are so many blog posts I want to write, and so little time to do so...so today I have a news round up for you. Normal blogging service will be resumed sometime.
1. Here is the cover for Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery. It's published on August 4. You can (if you wish)  pre-order and read the first chapter  here .
2. When I was Joe won the North East Teenage Book Award! This was most exciting because it's an award voted for by 300 teenagers at schools in the North East of England, I have never won anything in my life before and the shortlist was packed full of fabulous books (Wasted by Nicola Morgan, which was Highly Commended, Auslander by Paul Doweswell, The Dead House by Anne Cassidy, Rowan the Strange by Julie Hearn and Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish). Still a bit shocked..but very happy...
3. Anne Cassidy and I, together with Gillian Philip and Linda Strachan have set up a new blog, called Crime Central  to showcase crime fiction for teens. Take a look, follow, let us know what you think..
4. I'm going to write a new book about Ty. Provisionally entitled Another Life it will pick up Ty's story from the end of Almost True - but from another narrator's point of view. I'm starting work on it now, with a view to publication in 2012..so I won't have much time for blogging, Facebooking etc. I won't neglect this blog completely though.
5 This is a great speech by YA writer Sara Zarr, as reported by Candy Gourlay.

9 comments:

  1. So much fabulous stuff in one post! HUGE congratulations on the North East award, that's fantastic news. And I'm really happy to hear there's going to be another instalment of Ty's story. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations from me, too! And I love the Sara Zarr link - absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news, congratulations. Very excited about the new book and another book about Ty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, oooh, yay! (and other such positive exclamations)
    Another novel in 2012? You don't hang around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone..2012 assumes I can meet my deadline, which means writing approx 68,000 words in the next five months. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very excited for you, very excited for me... two more fabulous books by the award-winning Keren David to read - how cool is that title?! Many, many congrats and much, much good luck with the writing of them, you're fast becoming my new writing hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on award! Very excited about more Ty but don't forget us here on your blogsite - we are your trusty fans and readers after all. Also, thanks for Sara Zarr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the next book about Ty! When I Was Joe is one the best books I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw, thanks Zoe, so nice of you. Hope you will enjoy Lia's Guide in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete